Pages - Menu

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Saturday Repurposing

We were given a T.V. stand by a friend of ours and we tried to think of what we could do with it, and where it would find its home in our apartment.


 It's made of wood and in pretty good condition. It was previously used to hold a very heavy television (~200 lbs), so it's also very sturdy.

We already had a T.V. stand and couldn't think of anywhere it would be useful, until we thought about using it as a place to store our laundry baskets!


 Perfect!!
 We loved it, it was great! Then me being me..I got onto Pinterest and starting searching for ways to beautify our new laundry area!

And I stumbled across this...




 This was also a T.V. stand that someone had decided to use as a furniture piece for the end of their bed! And they did this with it...


 AMAZING!!

So I my wheels started turning and I came up with a plan!

And this is what happened!

First, we took the shelf out because we wanted to use the space underneath for one of our laundry baskets!

Next...

I bought some paint/primer mix in a creme color and went to town! $14/quart I only used 1/4 of the quart so I have the rest to save for other projects :)



 And three coats later...we began to put the final touches on!

Instead of foam, we used my twin size mattress topper (folded over twice) as the "filling" for our ottoman style piece of furniture.

Then, we put a piece of fabric that I had bought a while back from a little shop down the road for $2 or so over the mattress topper and secured it with thumb tacks! They were white with a circle head, so they looked really good with the piece!

Here is our end result!










This project cost us around $14 to do and that was for the paint because we already had everything else! Not to mention I only used about 3 or 4 dollars worth of the paint on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment