Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spray-Paint Crazy


So, over winter break I got on a Spray-paint kick and went a little crazy! Lucky for me, it turned out well and we now have a few more "like-new" pieces to spruce up our little apartment!

This was the first piece I did! I wish I had a before picture, but sadly I do not. It used to be an off white color with gold trimming. It was in my Grandmother's house and she first hung it there in 1980. It could be much older than that, but I have no way of knowing! Anyway, I saw it in the storage room at my parent's house over the break and knew it needed to come home with me :) But it definitely needed some touching up, so we headed out to wal-mart and purchased a can of spray-paint/primer mix...and I went to town!


Newly Painted antique mirror! 


We made this jewelry holder using the frame of an old broken picture frame, wire cut from wire hangers, hot glue and of course spray-paint! 












I took an old wooden shelf and spray-painted it brown to look like new and match my other stuff! I also took a purple flowered wall hanger and a wooden wall hanger and spray-painted them both brown to match = perfect scarf hangers! 

I found an old small-wine glass and spray painted it brown alone with adding a foam heart to the base and a ribbon to create a cute little watch holder! I also added two paper doilies to the inside of the glass for cushion.


So, Moral of the story is this: We're a broke newlywed couple but it doesn't matter because all of this cost us roughly $5 ..and that was for the spray paint can. Everything else came from my parents storage room and they didn't even know it was there! Boom.Up-cycling at its very finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment